Friday, July 14, 2006

1st Class

I didn't get off to a great start in Larkin's class as I forgot to bring a sample quilt as requested. I had one picked out to bring, but as I was starting to fix a little supper, the power went off and apparently so did my memory. I had to rustle up something to eat that didn't require cooking or heating. I remembered about the quilt halfway there, but traffic was so backed up due to stoplights being out earlier that I couldn't turn around and go back for it. Each person was supposed to show the piece they brought, explain a bit about the design and listen to the others' comments. Larkin had me explain my quilt (Water's Edge) but since it was just a virtual quilt to the rest of the class, they couldn't really say anything.

There are some very impressive, arty quilters in this class, and they came from as far away as Bremerton, North Bend and Anacortes. I started feeling like I had only ever made extremely traditional quilts. And I signed up for the class because it's only 3 miles from my house. But a little challenge is what I need right now. For next month's class, I have to make a quilt using primarily pastels, and that is definitely going to be a challenge for me.

I spent some time yesterday tinkering with the blog's template, but then didn't like it and restored the original choice. I learned some things though, and will probably try changing it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment