Friday, December 22, 2006

Hitting the Road

Any minute now, when Brent shows up.

It's been a crazy December. After Portland, I got sick. Then last week we had the infamous windstorm, and I was without power for 5 days. It wasn't too bad for the first couple of days, but then it got colder and the temperature inside the house started really dropping. Fortunately, I have a gas water heater, so I had hot water for showers and washing up, and a gas stove, so I could do some cooking and make tea. But the nights were long, dark and cold. I took some pictures of trees down across power lines, but there have been much better pictures in the Seattle Times and on the various TV web sites.

Now I'm getting ready to drive to Mazama for Christmas. Boo and Evan went over on Monday. It certainly looks more like Christmas over there, with a couple of feet of snow on the ground. Hope everyone has a safe and happy holiday.

PS. There was a short article in the paper this morning about the time David Bowie sang with Bing Crosby. Of course, you can find clips on YouTube.

No comments:

Post a Comment