Friday, November 23, 2007

Three Lizards

This quilt was made for Boo's birthday. I had it all done except the binding, but that didn't get finished until yesterday.
Close-up of some of the quilting:

The central batik panel was purchased at a show several years ago, with Boo in mind as she likes lizards and snakes. Plus it signifies the three in their family. The color combination is so different from anything I normally do that it just sat for a very long time. But once I came up with some fabrics that worked with it, I think it worked out well.

I had a very relaxing and restorative Thanksgiving day, working on quilt projects, walking the dogs, making a special meal, and thinking about all the things I have to be grateful for. Family and friends top the list, and I'm especially thankful for two wonderful parents who have given us so much love and support.

1 comment:

  1. amen to family and friends! Miss you now that we are home. Worked all day thurs and turkey dinner today with Emilys team,now stuffed and going to go out with Molly.
    Take care!

    ReplyDelete