Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Catching Up

It always seems like there's a lot of catching up to do after Christmas. This year, my dryer died right before I left for Mazama (washer and dryer were both well-used before I bought the house 15 years ago), so when I got back I had to start looking for new. I looked at Home Depot and Sears, went home and read customer comments online, went to the library to look at Consumer Reports. Finally I decided on these from LG. They were delivered yesterday.

It was raining pretty hard all yesterday afternoon while they were being brought in and set up. Around 5 pm, it switched to snow and snowed heavily until bedtime. Then it cleared off, which means it got colder. When I got up this morning, the roads were ice and frozen slush; not good for walking or driving. I worked from home until it got better. Early morning light:

The rhodies with a coating of snow. The leaves droop when it gets cold as a protective mechanism.

I have been doing some sewing, and will have pictures shortly.

No comments:

Post a Comment