Monday, October 13, 2008

Dog Phobias

Buddy is visiting us again while Sudha goes to Vegas. It turns out that Buddy, big and strong as he appears, does not like the sound and/or vibration of my washer and dryer. I did a load of laundry yesterday, and he had a bit of a meltdown. I was at my desk at the computer, and he tried first to crawl into the space where you would put the CPU portion of a desktop computer. I only have a laptop now, but that space still has wires and manuals in it, plus it's smaller than he is. That didn't stop him trying, and getting tangled up in the modem wires. Then he squeezed himself into the main opening under the desk. He did fit there, but managed to knock out the phone line while I was talking to my mom. So I sent him outside, where he hid under the bushes in the farthest corner of the yard. He didn't stop shaking for an hour. The front-loading washer I got last winter does have more of a high-pitched whine, but Nikki got used to it pretty quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment