Sunday, October 17, 2010

Nine Patch Done!

So finally I got the binding on this done, and threw it in the washer and dryer last week. By the time it was done, it was too dark in the house to get a good picture. But it crinkled up nicely. This is based on the Nine Patch Lattice pattern on the Oh Fransson! blog. I wanted it a little bigger than the pattern, to be more of a true lap size, but I didn't want to make the patches bigger or add another row of blocks. So I made the outside blocks 12-patch rectangles instead of 9-patch squares, and then enlarged the plain blocks accordingly. I think it worked out well, and I'm pleased with it.

Here's the back, with extra blocks. This was also in the pattern, I just had to make sure the back was big enough for the beefed-up front. The solid fabric is the same as on the top, and photographed in the same location, so I'm not sure why the color looks so different. It really is a medium dark gray blue, so somewhere in between these two pictures, at least on my monitor.

And a close-up of a plain block, showing some of the prints, some of the quilting, and how it crinkled up after being washed.

No comments:

Post a Comment