Monday, January 09, 2012

Design Wall 1/9

I finished the batik top over New Year's weekend, and now am getting ready to quilt it. I wasn't quite ready to start something brand new, so I thought I'd get out an old project. These scrappy trip blocks (from Bonnie Hunter's site) were started a long time ago. I color-coordinated each block, which seemed like a good idea at the time, but then I got stumped when I couldn't see how to put them together, without a lot more blocks in colors that I don't have. Maybe staring at it for awhile on the wall will help.


See what others are working on at Judy's Patchwork Times.

3 comments:

  1. Gee, I don't know, I think it's working pretty well just like you have it! It is sort of a color wash look and very pretty. It sort of reminds me of the intense colors near the end of a really pretty firey sunset.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I've already moved some blocks around, but now I have the picture to refer back to.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your color coordinated blocks! I just printed out the directions for this quilt block method a few days ago--so many scraps need a place to go and I think this is such a great way to do it.

    ReplyDelete