Monday, March 05, 2012

Design Wall 3/5

I worked on several things this weekend but none of them are done yet. On the Scrappy Trips top, I auditioned borders and picked this very dark (but streaky) navy. It's from Caryl Bryer Fallert's Glacier Park group.

It may be a little heavy and dark, but I'm telling myself that it's like a dark velvet border on an old crazy quilt. It should make the other colors glow. I took it down to attach the borders, and put up these 4 blocks to start my next project. It's a simple framed square, and planned to have blues and browns from various Marcia Derse collections. I'm not sure I've got enough in those color ranges, so I'll have to either expand the range, add one or more solids or add some batiks/hand dyes. 


Linking up to Judy's site, for motivation and inspiration.

1 comment:

  1. I like your scrappy trips quilt and the dark border looks great.

    ReplyDelete