It seemed like it took almost as long to finish the binding on this as to quilt the whole thing. But it's done, and washed and dried to get the dog hair off and get the nice, soft crinkly texture. It should go to its new home this week. Measured after washing and drying, it's 59 x 67, a nice lap size. All the fabric, including the back and binding, came from my stash. Some of it, like the Kona Butter and the Martian fabric in the skull, is relatively recent, but the others were a lot older. The only thing I purchased new for this quilt was the quilting thread. I used King Tut Luxorious (a red/blue/purple variegated) for all the background quilting.
Close-up of the quilting in the skull. I used Nite-Lite yellow (a glow in the dark thread) for the patterned quilting around the outline of the skull, eyeholes, teeth, and a matching So Fine yellow for stippling in between those sections. The glow in the dark thread just has a soft glow to it, which gives a nice ghostly look in the dark. My camera couldn't see it at all though. (I tried to take a picture last night with all the lights off.)