Monday, July 23, 2012

Zigzag Done

The binding was actually finished a couple of weeks ago, but I needed to find and trim or bury all the dangling threads and then take pictures. It was just the right size to lay on the hammock for pictures. And once again a cloudy morning.


I pieced it following this tutorial. It's really just a simple 2-rail Rail Fence, pieced on the diagonal. You have to make sure to lay it all out first, and then keep the fabrics in order as you piece the diagonal rows. 


Quilting close-up. In the gray, I quilted a wishbone variation. I hadn't yet received Angela Walter's book, but I studied the quilting she had done for other peoples' books. In the various prints, there are just 3 wavy lines.  I figured it would hardly show anyway against the busy prints, but in retrospect, I think I would go with sets of parallel, straight lines. 


And the back. The bobbin threads barely show, but the texture is nice when the light is right. Can't tell very well in this photo, though.

1 comment: