Monday, September 10, 2012

Design Wall 9/10

Clowns and circuses! While making the recent baby/children's quilts, I pulled out this cute fabric and combined it with light peach and violet solids. It struck me as not quite right for boys, but I decided to piece the top anyway rather than putting the fabrics back on the shelf. It will be a good practice piece for quilting, or just to have on hand in case I need another gift.


I had a scant quarter yard of the circus fabric. After squaring it up, I cut these 5 pieces that used the entire length. Then framed them, and cut the peach fabric WOF at sizes to match. Once the long seams are sewn and pressed, it will need to be trimmed on the left side. The ease of this method makes up for any waste of fabric, although solid scraps are always useful.

See what others are working on at Judy's Patchwork Times.

No comments:

Post a Comment