Monday, November 05, 2012

Design Wall 11/5

What I really need to be doing is finishing some older projects, but instead I started something new. Sort of new, anyway. I've thought about doing a Christmas tree skirt for many years, but usually don't start doing anything about it until the middle of December. And then, after a few days of rummaging through Christmas fabrics and trying to make a decision, I decide there's not enough time and put it all away again. With more time on my hands, this should be the year. It turned out that last year, I had gotten so far as to sew some strips of red and white fabric together, and I used that as a starting point. This string-pieced Dresden block was my inspiration.


I'm hoping it will make a full circle once the wedges are sewn together. If not, I'll just add some fabric to one edge. Linking up to Judy's Patchwork Times.

No comments:

Post a Comment