Monday, February 18, 2013

An Outing

I had a great time on Saturday. My friend Carol, who I hadn't seen in ages, came over and we looked at some of my finished quilts and her tops. Then we drove to La Conner to visit the quilt museum there. It was featuring a Kaffe Fassett/Brandon Mabley exhibit. On the first floor were a number of knitted items by Brandon. On the second and third floors were Kaffe's quilts, many of which have been featured in his books and magazine articles. Actually, probably all of them have been published, but I'm not familiar with all his books. Our favorite was the one called Kilim. I think it's a Lady of the Lake pattern, but done in a gorgeous palette of striped fabrics. No photography was allowed.

The stairs in that place are killer, so afterwards we needed a little rest. We went down to La Conner's main street and had lunch. Then we visited a fabric store up the street and I picked up a couple of Marcia Derse fabrics. I was so surprised and happy to see them in a store! From there, we drove to Mt. Vernon and another fabric store. And bought more fabric, as it was well-stocked with appealing designs. Carol got fabric for a couple of baby quilts.

Most of the drive on I-5 was in rain, but it cleared off over La Conner, as you can see in the pictures below. I only had my iPhone with me. The fields in the Skagit Valley were mostly bare and muddy, but flocks of snow geese were finding things to peck at. It would have been fun to see them in flight.




No comments:

Post a Comment