Wednesday, July 09, 2014

Dyeing Begins

Although we had really nice weather in June, it was a little inconsistent to really think about dyeing. I got ready by ordering a few supplies from Dharma, plus a couple of shirts and 30 yards of fabric. And when the temps got consistently warm on schedule after the 4th, I was ready to go.

I probably didn't need to do more blue fabric, but I wanted to do the shirts in those shades so I used the extra dye on 1 yard pieces. Dyes used were Turquoise, Turquoise plus Lemon Yellow, Cerulean Blue, Cerulean Blue plus Grape.


It's a bit of an effort to get started, what with hauling everything out to the patio and setting up the table. But then the dyeing itself is fairly easy. But the washouts the next day, when it was over 80 degrees already, that was brutal. Maybe I need to start the rinsing earlier in the day to avoid the heat.



No comments:

Post a Comment