Friday, January 16, 2015

January Projects

Since it may be a little while before anything else is finished, I thought I'd document that I am actually working on stuff. First off is this Stacked Coins quilt on the frame. It is multiple red and white prints for the 'coins' and a navy print with Santas for the bars in between. I pieced it before Christmas and got it loaded on the frame after New Year's. The quilting is echoed swirls in gold.


Then, if you can believe it, there is a hand-quilting project. This was the oldest thing on my UFO list, and really needs to get finished. I get frustrated trying to thread needles for hand quilting, but I found one that works. And after I finish the remaining blocks and sashing, I've given myself permission to machine quilt the outer border. 


A third project is in the piecing stage, and will hopefully be ready to go on the frame soon after the Coins quilt is done. It is also a Christmas quilt. So why am I working on 3 Christmas quilts in January? I've long had an idea of giving each of my nieces and nephews a quilt they can bring out each Christmas season. But what generally happens is that I think about it for a couple of weeks after Thanksgiving, maybe go through the stash of Christmas fabrics, then things get busy and I put it all away until the next year. But this time, I actually pieced the first one and laid out the fabrics for the third and just kept going. After these I'll be ready to move on to something else. 

No comments:

Post a Comment