Friday, April 15, 2016

Prismatic Echoes

In January, I was stumped as to what to work on next. I have tons of fabric, much of it in piles that 'go together' as well as stacks of patterns, magazines and books that have designs I'd like to make. But I wasn't making the connection between any of the fabric stacks and any of the patterns. Unable to make a decision, and stressed about not making a decision, one day I saw a picture of this quilt kit and thought, maybe I should just make a kit and be able to sew without having to make decisions.


That was a good plan, although of course it didn't turn out as simple as that. There was a lot of cutting before even getting to the sewing part, and then there were actually a lot of choices about what color to put where. After finishing the top, it got put aside for a bit while I made a quilt for my mom.


After quilting, binding and washing, I took it into the shop to show them, and incidentally take a few pictures on their clean floor with decent lighting.



Quilting on the darker portions is a loose fern design.


On the lighter sections, I quilted some straight lines to echo, and then filled in the gap with wishbones.

Prismatic Echoes is a free pattern from Robert Kaufman; it was the inspiration for this kit of Blueberry Park fabrics I got from my local quilt shop Circa 15 Fabric Studio. It's just now celebrating its one year anniversary, although I only discovered it last fall. It's a gorgeous shop, featuring all the modern fabrics and designs that are sometimes so hard to find locally.

Linking to Finish It Up Friday at Crazy Mom Quilts.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful quilt! There are so many possibilities with that pattern.

    ReplyDelete