Monday, June 27, 2016

Ice Dyeing

I'm half-way through quilting something, but haven't touched it for a couple of weeks, for a variety of reasons. Instead I've been learning and practicing ice dyeing. I've read about it before, but signed up for an online workshop from Susan Purney Mark in June. The weather has only allowed me to dye about once a week, but it's been fun. I love how simple twists and folds, combined with the ice, create intricate patterns. You never know exactly what you're going to get!

Here are some of my favorites so far:


Twisted from both corners.


Same dye colors as above, but accordion folded in both directions. 


Two dye combinations, each in a corner twist and an accordion fold. 


Twisted mandala.


Folded mandala,


T-shirt with accordion folds and triangles. 

No comments:

Post a Comment