Monday, April 16, 2018

Trying Things

Who knows if I'll get much finished this year, so maybe I won't post only finishes. My hip hurts too much to stand and quilt, but I can stand brief periods to cut things out and then sew them. Perhaps I'll make some smaller projects that I can quilt on my regular sewing machine although I'm quite out of practice.

Before going in for a hysterectomy in February, I cut strips and sewed them in pairs for a first attempt at a Boomerang quilt, one of my favorite patterns from Jaybird Quilts. After I'd recovered enough from surgery to get antsy I cut them into triangles and pieced matching ones into diamonds. Yikes, what a hot mess! All I can say is that perhaps the mental chaos from the approaching surgery affected my fabric choices.


I thought about it a couple of days, and then re-arranged the pieces into something a little more under control. It's still wild, but there's some order imposed on it. It will require a few diamonds to be unsewn to sew this in rows, but worth that minor effort to avoid odd seams. 




No comments:

Post a Comment