Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Inspired to Quilt


Today's quilt was another exercise from the book Color from the Heart, this time using the Broken Dishes block and expanded ranges of two colors.

I'm getting the itch again, to either start a new project or finish an old one. Of course, it would be better if I could get some things finished and out of the way, but I've never let that stop me from starting something new and exciting. I may be able to combine the two with a class that is starting tonight. It's taught by Larkin van Horn, and is called Stretching Exercises. It is a six-month series (one night a month) of design exercises and critiques to grow your artistic ability, get used to talking about your work and articulate what you think about others' work. I have no idea what I'm getting into, but it seemed like something I should do!

No comments:

Post a Comment