Friday, September 29, 2006

I'm Back!

I've been without a PC for 2 weeks now. It broke down suddenly and the monitor went black, so it was impossible to tell what was going on. After some visits by a technician and a trip to a shop, it seems some RAM burned out. I got that replaced and it was semi-usable, but then it seemed some of the hard drive was damaged. So I made the plunge and bought a new laptop. The most necessary things are moved over here and configured so I should be OK for now. I'm still missing old emails, but I think I know where they are, I just have to figure out how to retrieve them (if they're not corrupted). It's motivation to be more vigilant about doing backups - that wouldn't have prevented the problem, but I wouldn't have been so stressed about losing data.

No comments:

Post a Comment