Saturday, May 12, 2007

Working on...

A few years ago, my quilt group at work made blocks instead of doing a regular round robin. I started with this block:

and requested more star blocks with dark blue backgrounds and bright stars, which mostly ended up red and yellow. I have 8 blocks all together and had to figure out a setting that those would work in. At the quilt day in March, I started on my plan by adding red frames to all the blocks. Frames are frequently used on sampler or group quilts to even up the size of the blocks made from different patterns and/or by different people. In this case, the blocks were mostly foundation pieced, so they're pretty consistent in size, but I needed something to separate the blocks from the dark blue sashes I've planned.

1 comment:

  1. I love these blocks especially the first one. The idea of a block inside a block with the bright colors is beautiful. Be sure and post as work continues.