Monday, January 21, 2008

Options

I've also been working on these Delectable Mountains blocks, starting at the quilt day in October and finishing recently. These are two of many possible arrangements. The pattern fades in and out a bit because although I kept to light and dark values pretty well, I used a lot of large prints. Some of the dark fabrics have some large whitish areas, and some of the light fabrics have a fair amound of dark. It's hard to decipher the block design in those particular blocks, but I think with all of them together, you see the pattern.



The instructions are from Bonnie Hunter's Quiltville site, where she has great ideas and patterns for making scrap quilts. This one is called Scrappy Mountain Majesties. I am leaning towards the second arrangement. I was hoping to start piecing the blocks together this past weekend, but I came down with a doozy of a cold, and spent most of the time in bed. Too sick to go to work today too, but I worked from home instead.

1 comment:

  1. That is the way I like blocks to look, melting into each other.

    ReplyDelete