Friday, April 11, 2008

New Work

It's already April, and I haven't started (or finished) any actual quilts. I've been playing with ideas for using some of my painted fabrics from last summer, and finally decided to jump in and just do something small and simple. I started with one of the fabrics from my very first try (last two photos here), a sketch of shapes, and background fabric to set it off.


I wouldn't exactly call the fabric pretty, but it's very interesting in close-up: it has layers and depth to it. Next I want to add these 3 fabrics, to bring out some of the colors. They may look like an odd combination, but I think it will work. We'll see. I'd like to finish the top this weekend, but it's finally really nice weather and I think I'll need to be doing yardwork (and taxes!).


No comments:

Post a Comment