Wednesday, August 19, 2009

August Updates

I've been having some Internet problems of late, freezing on a site or not connecting at all. I'm applying some Windows updates tonight, and we'll see if that helps.

Two weekends ago, I made my semi-annual pilgrimage to the Seattle-area IKEA. I had a short list, didn't get anything on it, but did get a new coffee table and CD/DVD tower. To tell the truth, I originally wanted both of those (they're the Leksvik line), but they had disappeared from both the new 2010 catalog and the website, so I thought they were discontinued. I was quite happy to spot them in the store! The coffee table has 6 cubby hole for all the piles of magazines and books I can't seem to diminish. I put it together that Monday night, and it took all evening. I haven't put the other piece together yet, because I have to clear some space first.

This past Saturday I went to see the new Harry Potter movie with my friend Sudha and her daughter Charu. We saw it at the Seattle Center IMAX, with 3D for the first 15 minutes. I thought it was good, better that some of the earlier ones. It does of course leave a lot out, and we spent part of the drive home reminding each other of dredged up bits of back story and explanation.

On Sunday I spent some time sewing on my second Sassaman star, enjoying the perfect weather, and reading Laurie King's latest Mary Russell novel, The Language of Bees.

1 comment:

  1. How are Sudha and Charu? And the doctor? (He is a doc by now?)

    ReplyDelete