Saturday, January 23, 2010


In December, I spent a couple of weekends painting silk scarves as presents for my Mom, sisters and nieces. It was very experimental; I have painted on cotton before but not silk. Plus all my previous fabric painting was outdoors in the summer, so it was a bit challenging to rig painting surfaces. I ended up using two long pieces of plywood covered with a plastic table cloth and spanning two chairs in the dining area. Not the most convenient set up, but it worked. These are close-ups of sections of two of them. On the first one, I stenciled some words with metallic paint after the other paints had dried.

On the next one, there more color blending with the analagous colors, plus I put salt on to add some extra patterning as the paint dried. I may try again some day...

No comments:

Post a Comment