Monday, April 12, 2010

Practice

On the previous weekend, Carol came over in the afternoon, and we loaded a new, larger practice piece on the frame. It takes about 45 minutes to an hour, but some of that time is trying to remember what goes where since it was only about my third time and the other two times were with instructors right there. I threaded the machine with a bright variegated thread, and then we took turns practicing. The first photo shows some quilting done by both Carol and myself.

The second one shows some quilting I did at the end of the practice quilt. I think it shows some improvement, and I think I'm ready to tackle a real quilt - one that only requires some simple quilting, though.
I'll see if I can start doing the setup this week in the evenings.

No comments:

Post a Comment