Monday, June 14, 2010

Alaska Cruise - Leaving Seattle

Last week, my mom and I took a cruise to Alaska. Neither of us had ever cruised before, and I had never been to Alaska, while Mom had been to Anchorage and Denali years ago, but never to southeast Alaska. It was a great trip! We left Seattle on Sunday evening on the ms Oosterdam. It was too cloudy to see much, and the next day was much the same - plus we were out of sight of land anyway. I got a new camera just before the trip. The pictures seem good, but between the clouds, facing into the sun when it was out, and not knowing how to use anything but the automatic setting, many seem a bit over-exposed. So I will be doing a little bit of adjusting before I post them.

We had a verandah cabin, which gave us good views without contending for a seat in crowded public areas. It was worth the little bit extra for the upgrade. We went to Glacier Bay, Juneau, Sitka and Ketchikan. I found quilt shops close by in each port, and bought fabric in each, so later I should be able to make a memory quilt.

No comments:

Post a Comment