Sunday, July 11, 2010

Hawaiian Punch


I actually finished this quilt in May, in time for Evan's graduation, but didn't want to post it until after I gave it to him. And then of course the cruise and blogging the cruise took up June. This quilt had to be Evan's because he helped me start it. Ten or more years ago, he spent a weekend with me while his parents were both away. He was interested in the colors of my fabric and intriqued by the sewing machine. He helped choose these fabrics from my stash, and then I showed him how to cut strips with the rotary cutter and ruler. He cut several himself before learning how to sew the strips into sets. He was going to get bored with it before sewing all the sets, so after a couple, we cross-cut those and he sewed some of the nine patches.

It all got put away in a box until last year when I unearthed it. I hadn't put in any diagrams or notes, so I had to figure out how many more blocks I could make, what layout would work, and how much was available for borders. I was quite pleased with how it turned out, and it's the first quilt completely quilted on my Avante.


No comments:

Post a Comment