Sunday, January 23, 2011

As Promised

Here are a couple of pictures of the most recently finished quilt, City Harbor. I posted about it earlier, it's a pattern from Cherri House's book, City Quilts. I'm really pleased with how it turned out.


For the quilting, I attempted the Dwirling pattern from Dawn Ramirez' DVD, Pajama Quilter Reloaded. It was fun and easy to do. I did get stuck echoing the waves too much of the time so that in places it looks a bit like mattress pad quilting.  But other places I got more swirls and changes in direction in so that looks better. And it was really the first time where I felt I could move while I was quilting, instead of having my feet planted, quilting as far as I could reach (and lean), and then stopping to step sideways.



No comments:

Post a Comment