Monday, January 16, 2012

Winter Weather

Snowed off and on over the weekend, and continuing this week. I got my errands out of the way on Saturday, and Sunday just enjoyed the prettiness without having to go anywhere.

I rearranged blocks on my design wall, but didn’t make any real progress. I had 26 blocks made, and decided I need 36 to finish. That will make a decent throw-sized quilt. Once I get a tentative layout I like, I can make the other blocks to fill in the gaps.



I did spend time on quilting though. I prepped the front and back of the Batik Tracks quilt, and loaded it on the frame. It’s been such a long time since I’ve done that, that I reviewed some videos on method just to refresh my memory. It went on pretty smoothly, although the back and batting are a little skimpy for the width of the quilt. I will have to take extra care to keep things lined up and square. I quilted one pass across in swirly curls. It’s a little difficult to see where I’m going and where I’ve been as the teal thread really does blend into most of the fabrics.

No comments:

Post a Comment