Monday, April 23, 2012

Design Wall 4/23

I've been preoccupied with other things lately, but got back to some sewing this weekend. I finished all the blocks for this quilt, plus some extra as I somehow miscalculated how many were needed. But no worries, I can use the extras on the back!

The greens I was trying out for sashing really seemed to deaden the blocks. So now I'm experimenting with some rusts or golden hues. That means the blocks with those colors wouldn't really work, but I can put those on the back. I found some oldish fabric in my stash that will work really well with these. There's not enough for a full back, but with these 8 blocks and perhaps some more solids, it may turn out OK.


I'll link up to Judy's Patchwork Times, and spend some time browsing what others are working on. I need to make one of those Carpenter Stars in May, so I'm ready for her feather lesssons!

1 comment:

  1. I really love those blocks and you have some great fabrics in them. I can't wait to see it all together.I like all the blocks together very much.

    ReplyDelete