Monday, August 13, 2012

Design Wall 8/13

I've been working lately on a project I'm not ready to share - not quite a secret, just private for a while.  But I put that aside last week to whip up a quick baby quilt for my next door neighbors. Their second child is due in a week and a half, but could come any time. So I needed something fairly quick. I rummaged through my stash of baby and children's fabrics, veered off into all solids, and then settled on a combination. This was inspired by a baby quilt in the book, Modern Minimal. I changed the center boxes to a print, changed the sizes and construction (making it improvisationally). I hope to get it quilted this week, if I can finish the Sassy Star currently on the frame, or get it to a point where I can take it off.


See what others are working on at Patchwork Times.

1 comment: