Monday, December 31, 2012

Year's End

New Year's Eve always seems to call for some kind of reflection about the events of the past year, coupled with resolutions or goals for what we want to accomplish in the coming year. This has been a bit of a strange year for me. Being laid off in May meant that I had more free time, but the worsening symptoms of disembarkment syndrome meant that a lot of activities became too difficult or exhausting. I did some volunteer work on the election, which was interesting and more satisfying than just getting frustrated watching it on the news. I haven't found a new job yet, which forced me to examine my financial situation (and conclude that I'm in pretty good shape there, yay!). The constant has been quilting, and I managed to finish quite a few things, and make plans for more. Although standing to cut and quilt is difficult with the swaying, I can do intervals of half an hour or so interspersed with resting. And sitting to sew is fine.

I used Picasa to collage all the finished quilts from this year. The first one is more visually interesting, but the gridded one is perhaps better for actually seeing the quilts in order of finish.



No comments:

Post a Comment