Monday, January 14, 2013

Design Wall 1/14

I wasn't too happy with the layout of blocks on this last week. So I did a quick block in EQ7 and played with some layouts there. First with all the blocks oriented in the same direction, and then with the center blocks oriented one way, and the border blocks going the opposite way. I liked both of those variations, but decided to make the centers horizontal and the borders vertical.


I still have to piece the top and bottom rows and add them. And figure out how to photograph the whole thing, as well as any other larger quilts. Not only is the design wall a little small, but it's in the hallway opposite the bathroom, so there is a limit to how far I can back away from it and get a picture.

Linking to Patchwork Times' Monday Design Wall post, where there is lots of inspiration as usual. 

No comments:

Post a Comment