Friday, February 14, 2014

A February Finish

A bit of a lull after the drive to finish things for 2013. I was working on this and another quilt during January, but didn't get it all the way done until last weekend. It was ready to quilt between Christmas and New Year's, but I couldn't decide how the quilting should go.


The piecing could hardly be simpler: a dark blue in the middle, a medium blue on both ends, and separated by black and white bands. They could be pieced, but are actually a black and white diamond print I had in my stash, bordered by solid black.


In the lighter blue, I quilted a long feather, echoed it a few times, and then did sets of straight (more or less) lines. In the darker blue, there are two long feathers with lots of echoing. It's bound in green, because I was starting the binding on Super Bowl weekend (go Hawks!). 

1 comment:

  1. Very nice! I remember way back in the late 70's(?) when the Seahawks started...I loved their colors, too :)

    ReplyDelete