Friday, June 20, 2014

Bound at last

I've been getting things quilted, but procrastinating on the binding. Now I finally have something finished to show. I had quite a stack of September Light fabrics, since falling for them when they first showed up in stores. But I'd only made this and it wasn't entirely from that line, so I wanted to do something more with them. And I also had been wanting a bed-size quilt with a wool batt since hearing that was more comfortable to sleep under. I thought a relatively simple strip quilt would let the fabrics shine.


Each color fabric was quilted in matching thread. Each size of strip was quilted in its own design, with feathers in the olive ombre where they would show the best. 


Here's one corner of the back. I had over 6 yards of this fabric in my stash for over 20 years. I rarely use red, but knew this would make a great back some day. 


Linking to Crazy Mom Quilts.


No comments:

Post a Comment