Time for one more finished quilt in May! This one got put on the back burner several times, as I worked on higher-priority items. I was looking at the pile of hand-dyed fabric on my sewing table and thinking that I should really do something with at least some of it. Especially if I want to dye more this summer. I sorted through them for awhile, and then did this. It started with the center strip, which was my first attempt at shibori. As shibori, it was a failure: the colors mostly bled into each other except for the orange, which just made blotches. But when I looked at it as if it were an abstract painting, I liked it. I pulled other fabrics to go with it, all hand-dyed by me except for the dark teal at the ends and 2 small strips near the center which is a Kona solid.
For the quilting, I did squares on the diagonal, and filled every other row with echoed blossoms, and different line designs.