Thursday, December 31, 2015

Newest

One more finish for 2015 - a Seahawks fleece throw. Fleece was marked down after Thanksgiving. It's backed with a lime green. Most fleece throws are shown as just tied together at the fringe edges, but I saw some a few years ago that were quilted on a long arm. I made 3 of them 4 or 5 years ago. You just load the backing fleece along the selvage ends and float the top layer. It can be quilted very loosely so it goes quick, but even the minimal amount of quilting gives it more stability than none at all. I quilted spirals with feather-like appendages. Unfortunately, since the navy blue was on top, I couldn't see where I'd been, so there are places where I ran over previous lines. And the fringe is shorter on one side than the others. But none of that really matters. It's cozy.

I've got fleece enough to make one more, and this time I'm going to put the lime on top so I can tell what I"m doing.



Go Hawks!

No comments:

Post a Comment