Friday, February 05, 2016

Star Sampler

This came out of a block round robin with our group at Safeco some years back. We each picked a block or type of block, color scheme, etc., made one block to start it off and then passed it around the group to do more blocks. I had asked for any kind of 12" star, in bright colors on blue backgrounds. Including the block I made to start, I ended up with 8 blocks which can be challenging to set together. With the on-point set, navy sashing, and gold stars, it looks fairly patriotic, so I thought it might be a good one for the Quilts of Valor program. However, although it meets the size criterion, I just recently noticed that they request no metallics and there are quite a few fabrics in this with small amounts of gold or silver metallic accents. I guess I will have to ask the local representative if it will be OK.



Linking to Finish it up Friday

No comments:

Post a Comment