Thursday, October 05, 2017

Ripple

Ripple is strip-pieced, jelly roll race style, from many of my hand-dyed blues and greens. In a jelly roll race, you piece the strips end to end until you have one long strip, then divide that in half and sew the halves together side by side. And so on and so forth until you have approximately the size you're aiming for. It helps to do a little math first, to get an idea of how many strips you'll need. I pieced them together on the diagonal, as you would for binding, and inserted narrow strips of orange here and there.


It's quilted in straight-ish lines, and every three or four strips, I threw in some circles or bubbles.


The back is a large scale Alexander Henry print that matches the colors pretty well. I needed to piece the yardage to fit, so I threw in some orange to tie in with the top.For something so simple, it came out really nice.


2 comments:

  1. Congrats! on your newly completed quilt. LOVE the little pop of orange spread throughout!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely - I've yet to make a Jelly Roll quilt

    ReplyDelete