Sunday, December 31, 2017

Another year...

I didn't get as many quilts finished this year. It was just too hard to stand and quilt. Hopefully, I'll get my hip fixed up in early 2018 and get back into the swing of things.

I got the binding done on this one last night. The six blocks were left over from a quilt I made some years ago. They seemed to go with the dotted stripe, at least color-wise, but were a little out of scale. After some years marinating in the UFO pile, I got the idea to cut them in quarters, and mix them up.


For the back, I found a print in my stash with coordinating colors, jungle foliage and elephants. It was too busy and too nice to cut up for piecing, so this was a good use for it. 


2 comments:

  1. What a good way to use the fabric for backing! I looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! on finishing the quilt just under the wire. Or should that be just before the ball dropped?? Anyway... Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete