Saturday, September 19, 2015

Fall Quilting

My friend Jeannie contacted me to see if I could do some quilting for her. She and her mother have been busy finishing up old projects. These are the first two I've finished and handed back to them for binding.


This one was from the Western Washington Shop Hop in 2010. A mix of pieced and applique blocks, with embellishments and prairie points before the outside border. I tried to emphasize the folk art look with the quilting designs. 


The cats are from a Debbie Mumm quilting cruise to Alaska in 2006. Debbie Mumm and the instructor both signed it, as did Jeannie and her mom, Jackie. And Jeannie asked me to sign it too. I quilted lines suggesting cats faces and tails, and different patterns suggesting fur. Only the texture shows, because I used matching So Fine threads. That was so that the quilting thread wouldn't cover up the writing. 


No comments:

Post a Comment