Saturday, August 12, 2006

Reunion in Door

I guess it's been awhile, but I've been busy with other things, including a quick trip to Door to visit my parents. We managed to have almost everyone together for 2 1/2 days last weekend: all 4 siblings, 2 in-laws, and 5 out of 6 grandchildren (my nieces and nephews). We missed Boo and Emily, who could not attend.

The view from the living room. I could stare at this for hours. The shore is very rocky here, and the rocks are slippery with algae and sharp with zebra mussels. I did not venture out, but did go swimming at Sand Bay.


Dinner on the patio. Mom and Dad at the back table, kids in front. Baumeister Root Beer was the in drink.




Brent and Jill catch up.



The boys spent a whole day creating their own Door version of Risk. Here William and Annie ponder strategy.



There wasn't time for much shopping (and I've seen most of it before), but I did manage quick stops at Gills Rock Pottery and Fine Line Designs Gallery. Fine Line had a couple of silk quilts by Sue Benner, and some beautiful pieces by the new-to-me Gail Pierce.

No comments:

Post a Comment