Sunday, October 31, 2010

Spring Braid

Woo-hoo, another finished quilt! This is a lap-sized French Braid quilt, adapted from the Baby Braid pattern in the French Braid book. I'm calling it Spring Braid, because the colors seem spring-like, although it's inspired by the hydrangea fabric used in the centers and outer borders, and hydrangeas are really summer flowers. It's the second French Braid quilt I've pieced, but the first to be quilted. I'm trying to work up the nerve to tackle the larger one.


Here's a close-up of some of the quilting. I did wavy lines along each braid strip, with a loop in the little square, and then back down along the same color strip. I did connected spirals in the inner border and sashing. Both were done in King Tut Hieroglyphs.


In the outer border, I used King Tut Lapis Lazuli to stitch this spiral with petals. It hardly shows on the front side, due to the busy print, so I took a picture of it on the back. The bobbin thread was So Fine Brooke, a nice medium blue.

No comments:

Post a Comment