Monday, February 02, 2009


Having finished the 9 patches, I started trying out possible layouts. This first one is strippy style, with a medium green to separate the blocks from the theme fabric.

The other option is a diagonal set, with the theme fabric as solid squares between blocks. I would put the medium green around the outside only. I started without it, but realized there wasn't enough of the theme fabric, and it sets it off better anyway. It still seems that the blocks get too blurred this way. I also tried it with just the green as a background, and the theme as a border, but that was too boring.

Although I have limited amounts of the fabrics found with the project, I have plenty of the green - it's one I like so much, I bought it twice.

No comments:

Post a Comment